Stronger Start. Brighter Future.
Did You Know…
California does not provide any funding for Head Start programs. We are working to change that—and invite you to join us!
Join the movement to ensure California invests in our most vulnerable children and families. Let’s work together to make sure that critical Head Start and Early Head Start are available to those who need it.
Head Start provides school readiness for children in families with low incomes by offering educational, nutritional, health, social, and other services to strengthen families. In 2017, Head Start and Early Head Start served over 100,000 of California’s most vulnerable children ages 0-5. Yet, less than 10 percent of eligible children ages 0-3 had access to Early Head Start.
With additional state support, we can serve more children and families. Please contact your legislators today to let them know the state of California needs to invest in the futures of all of our children and families.
Join Us Today
Join our movement TODAY to make sure California’s most vulnerable children and families have a #StrongBrightFuture.
- Final Enacted Budget – Early Childhood Summary (July 2019)
- Final Chance to Get Head Start in the State Budget (June 5, 2019)
- Campaign Update: Last Chance to Get Head Start in the State Budget (May 29, 2019)
- Assembly Floor Alert – AB 452 (May 23, 2019)
- Coalition Letter of Support for Head Start Budget Request (May 2019)
- Summary of Recommendations from the BRC Report (April 2019)
- Head Start in California Fact Sheet (March 2019)
- Head Start CA Fact Sheet: Investment in Head Start: 12 Other States (Feb. 2019)
- Letter to Governor Gavin Newsom (Feb. 2, 2019)
- Letter to CA Legislators (Feb. 4, 2019)
- National Head Start Association Fact Sheet: 2017 California Head Start Profile (2018)
- California Budget & Policy Center Fact Sheet: Making Ends Meet- California Family Budget