Presented in partnership with Acorn Evaluation
Thurs. & Fri., Sept. 12-13, 2019
This course is has ended.
Handouts are available here:
Registration Fees & Policy
This course is now full. If you would like to be added to the waitlist, please email us.
|$1500 member/ $2000 non-member|
|*includes registration for two from the agency, the data manager and the Executive Director/Program Manager.|
Head Start California cancellation and refund policy:
Due to the limited number of registrations available for each Data Camp, a non refundable deposit of half the registration fee is due upon acceptance of your application. Cancellations are accepted up to 30 days prior. Cancellations received within 30 days of the event will result in a refund of half the fee. Cancellations will not be accepted within 30 days of the program.
To cancel your registration, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration is not guaranteed and each application will be reviewed in order of receipt.
Thursday, Sept. 12, 2019
11:00 AM Welcome, Introductions
11:45 AM Overview of Data Camp Two Day Agenda, Intended Outcomes
12:00 PM Working Lunch – Ice Cream Social Exercise (overview of data accuracy and integrity)
1:00 PM Attendance Data Exploration and Discussion
2:00 PM Family Strengths and Needs Screening CQI Example
3:00 PM Performance Standards, Focus Area 2 Monitoring Protocol presentation and discussion
4:00 PM Data Fluency and Summary of Day, Preview of Day Two
5:00 PM End Day One
Friday, Sept. 13, 2019
9:00 AM Review of Day One, Overview of Day Two
9:15 AM Sample CQI Roadmap
10:00 AM Agency Roadmap Exercise
11:00 AM Barriers and Hurdles, NHSA Resources
12:00 PM Lunch, Small Group Facilitated Discussions around Content
1:00 PM Final Wrap Up and Next Steps Mapping, Q&A
2:00 PM End Day Two
Thurs. & Fri., Sept. 12-13, 2019
Pacific Oaks College
45 Eureka Street
Pasadena, CA 91103
Classroom 7 & 8
Please note: This opportunity is not appropriate for current Acorn Evaluation clients.
Expected Outcomes by the end of Data Camp
Participants will be able to:
- Fluently describe and understand the new Head Start Program Performance Standards, Focus Area Two Monitoring Protocol, New Grant Application Requirements, Goals and Objectives, Implementation Timelines, Continuous Quality Improvement, and Evidence-Based Outcomes;
- Identify Data Quality and Accuracy issues with your program’s data, and how to build systems and a culture of quality assurance in your organization from the ground up;
- Visualize data to engage your staff and leadership, and move past “canned reports” from your existing data system;
- Teach and support your administrative team to “map” their existing tasks and processes, identify pain points, and develop continuous quality improvement plans that align with your goals and objectives, self-assessment, and prepare your agency for the federal review;
- Develop short and long term continuous quality improvement road maps that provide transparency, accountability, and clarity for all staff in each program area;
- Identify opportunities to partner with external professionals using NHSA’s Developing Data Capacity Tool Kit;
- Connect and network with other Head Start professionals in your region to support each other with this work;
Attendees will also have the chance to explore their own data within the context of the program, which allows them to begin the actual process of continuous quality improvement while in attendance at Data Camp.
And, believe it or not, Data Camp is FUN! We will be meeting new people and enjoying fun exercises that teach as well as entertain, while celebrating the opportunity to tell the story of Head Start using powerful new methods to many different stakeholders.
Data Camp for Head Start Professionals is a program of Head Start California and Acorn Evaluation, Inc., jointly committed to developing strong systems of best practices using data for association members and guests.