Health and Safety Policy
Head Start California (HSC) is looking forward to holding in-person meetings again and committed to planning events designed to keep all participants healthy, safe, and comfortable.
Safety is a top priority for Head Start California, and every participant — attendees, speakers, exhibitors, and staff — plays a critical role in risk mitigation.
Head Start California has prepared the following protocols. It is the responsibility of every participant to familiarize yourself with these protocols and to comply. Participants include registrants, exhibitors/sponsors, presenters, volunteers, service providers (e.g., AV, exposition services, etc.), and all others directly involved with the onsite administration and management of the event. These health and safety protocols will be regularly reviewed and updated based on state and local requirements and mandates. We recommend checking this page regularly. As these protocols are updated, the date at the top of this page will reflect such.
All Head Start California in-person meeting and event attendees are expected to:
- Acknowledge a release of liability waiver during registration.
- Participants must provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. According to the CDC, to ensure adequate time for an immune response to occur, a person is considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or one dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine.
- Your badge must be worn at all times when attending the event as it is your proof of registration and compliance with the vaccination requirements.
- You may not pick up a badge for another participant (registrant, exhibitor, presenter, volunteer, etc.).
- Personal Comfort Zones: Different participants have different comfort zones. Please keep this in mind as you are meeting and mingling throughout the conference.
- Vaccination verification: COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card issued by the CDC or WHO, a photo or copy of the Vaccination Record Card or a screenshot of a digital record that includes your name and vaccination date(s) are all acceptable forms of proof. You must also present your photo ID along with your proof of vaccination (valid state driver’s license or state ID).
Fully vaccinated individuals are recommended to continue indoor masking when the risk may be high. Surgical masks or high level respirators (e.g. N95, KN95, KF94) with a good fit are highly recommended.
Are there exceptions to the vaccine requirement for this conference?
Thank you for our asking about the vaccination requirement. Head Start California wants our member events to be inclusive—for everyone in our Head Start community to feel welcome. However, we are committed first to the health and safety of our members and for this reason, we are requiring vaccines at this time.
If you have registered anyone who is not vaccinated, HSC will fully refund the registration. If you need assistance, please reach out to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Specific information on how participants can complete the liability waiver and comply with the vaccination requirements will be provided to attendees prior to each event.
If an attendee develops any symptoms of COVID-19 prior to or during a meeting or event, they should refrain from attending. Symptoms associated with COVID-19 include fever, cough, and shortness of breath, among others.
While the meeting and event safety protocols have been developed by Head Start California in accordance with existing state and federal requirements and recommendations, any stricter guidelines at the location of the event (e.g., facility, city, or county) will apply in addition to Head Start California requirements. Likewise, any further restrictions made at the state or federal level could also initiate a revision of Head Start California protocols.
Our goal is to provide exceptional educational experiences and networking opportunities that make attendees and their agencies more successful, and in an environment that is safe for all.
To achieve this goal, we expect all attendees to adhere to the meeting and event requirements. Head Start California (HSC) is dedicated to doing our part as well, and will:
- Work with staff at the hotel to ensure that regular cleaning protocols are followed throughout the event.
- Ensure that the hotel has hand sanitizer stations strategically placed throughout the facility.
- Confirm Hyatt Regency Sacramento follows GBAC Star TM cleanliness and training accreditation process through the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC)
- Continue to evaluate these and additional protocols so you can have a safe, enjoyable conference experience.
- Continue to provide any additional updates via emails in advance of the conference, posting on dedicated web pages, or onsite announcements, to participants.
These meeting and event requirements will be in place through the end of June 2022 and reassessed at that time.
COVID-19 Waiver & Release Agreement
You will also be asked to complete this Waiver on-site as part of our health and safety guidelines. This Waiver communicates the following:
I understand that:
- I will be attending with people who are vaccinated but not wearing a mask
- I am choosing to travel and attend the conference at my own risk
- Head Start California cannot guarantee that I will not contract COVID-19
I agree to:
- Show proof that I am fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (boosters are not required)
- Wash my hands with soap and water and sanitize my hands during the conference
- Not hold Head Start California liable if I get sick from COVID-19
- Leave the conference if I am feeling sick or am exposed to COVID-19
- Let Head Start California staff know immediately if I test positive for COVID-19 within 2 weeks after the conference