Family Support Workers Certificate
Resources for meeting Head Start Program Performance Standard 1302.91(e)(7) – Staff Qualifications and Competency Requirements
Child and Family Partners Certificate
The Child and Family Partners Certificate program is an innovative, evidence-based program informed by the Head Start Relationship-Based Competencies for staff and supervisors who work with families. This exciting new program is offered in a unique blend of video conference calls and online assignments and interactions. You can complete the program in the comfort of your home and community!
The certificate program meets the requirements of the Head Start Program Performance Standards 1302.91(e)(7) which states:
A program must ensure staff who work directly with families on the family partnerships process hired after November 7, 2016, have within eighteen months of hire, at a minimum, a credential or certification in Social Work, human services, family services.
The Child and Family Partners Certificate Program is an innovative, evidence-based online course that follows the Head Start Relationship-Based Competencies.
More than 50 Head Start California members have already graduated from this program! This innovative online program:
- Offers important perspectives from current professionals in the field
- Meets the requirements of the Head Start Program Performance Standards for staff who work in family partnerships
- Focuses on emerging practices as well as changing influences on families with young children
- Allows you to complete online assignments at your convenience and on a timeline that works for you
- Provides a forum for online discussions with other participants and program staff
- Includes 2 video conference calls
- Totals 50+ hours of online assignments and assignments including video conference calls and online assignments/discussions.
Head Start California Members Save $100!
Expedited certificate Program During COVID-19
Stay safe, stay home, have some fun and get certified to work as a family partner!
The Child and Family Partners Certificate Program is an innovative, evidence-based online course that follows the Head Start Relationship-Based Competencies in a new expedited format.
Enroll now, and you can complete the course in only 5 weeks (with a 10-12 hour per week time commitment.)
Plus, we’ve added a new module specifically designed to address methods for developing relationships, supporting families, and even self-care during the COVID-19 pandemic.