Head Start California Updates
State of California
- California Department of Education COVID-19 Resources for K-12 agencies. Information and resources regarding CDE’s COVID-19 response efforts, including the guidance document for safely reopening schools for the 20-21 school year, Governor’s executive orders, and California Department of Public Health guidances.
- Blueprint for a Safer Economy See what types of businesses are open in your county
- ELCD Management Bulletins: Management Bulletins (MB) from the Early Learning and Care Division (ELCD), organized by release date. ELCD has created MB’s to provide guidance and directives to early learning and care contractors during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Summary of ELCD Management Bulletins on COVID-19 (April 23, 2020) High level overview and explanation of important changes included in recent MB’s. This was presented to the Head Start field on April 23, and some MB’s have been superseded.
- California Surgeon General’s Playbook: Stress Relief during COVID-19 (April 7, 2020) Guide to help you manage your stress response during COVID-19. Includes stress-busting strategies, and a self-care checklist.
- California COVID-19 information website: includes state and county-level data on cases, deaths and tests for COVID-19, county map of open businesses and updates from the governor.
- CA Department of Social Services Issues Statewide Licensing Waivers (March 16, 2020) PIN 20-04-CCP provides a statewide waiver for operation of child care facilities, including licensees, registered TrustLine providers, and temporary employer sponsored child care, along with guidance for the implementation of prevention, containment, and mitigation measures for COVID-19.
Office of Head Start Resources
- OHS ECLKC COVID-19 Head Start Resources. Includes flexibilities for staff wage and benefits, food, and general disaster recovery.
- OHS Guidance on Head Start supporting emergency child care During COVID-19 Crisis (April 23, 2020)
- For any OHS specific questions related to Head Start programs please check in with your Program Specialist.
National Head Start Association Resources
- NHSA COVID-19 Policy Resources for Head Start Parents & Caregivers
- Template License Agreement for Emergency Providers Use in negotiations with emergency childcare providers for the
temporary use of the Grantees’ facilities, and should be tailored to meet a Grantee’s specific
Other COVID-19 Resources and Information
- Supplemental Guidance For Child Care Programs That Remain Open (CDC)
- Daily Situation Reports from the World Health Organization (WHO)
- California Department of Public Health