What is Head Start California?
Head Start California is the premier advocacy organization for Head Start agencies throughout California. Head Start California advocates for its members at the federal, state and local county level ensuring that members speak with a unified voice about the challenges facing California’s most vulnerable families, and the Head Start community that serves them. By communicating with members, and creating opportunities for learning and connecting, members are increasingly engaged, unified and supported as they work to better serve their clients and communities.
How does Head Start California support Head Start programs in the state?
– Head Start California advocates for its members at the federal, state and local level to secure more funding, achieve beneficial policy changes and better serve California’s most vulnerable children and their families.
– Head Start California creates a platform for communication that fosters better understanding and mutual benefit among Head Start agencies, advocates, strategic allies and corporate partners.
– Head Start California offers many professional development options that include conferences, cluster meetings, leadership training and peer learning opportunities.
– Head Start California offers Head Start programs across the state the security of knowing where to turn to get support, and resources that you need to strengthen your Head Start programs.
– Head Start California offers its members the opportunity for higher-level engagement as they participate in and shape the work of their association. Engagement grows the membership and trains association leadership.
How does my program become a member?
If you are a grantee or delegate agency and wish to become a Head Start California Member, click here. If you have further questions regarding membership, visit the contact page here to get in touch with the appropriate staff member.
I would like my business to become a Head Start program, where do I start the process?
Visit the Office of Head Start page to find out more about funding opportunities here.
How can I find out if my child qualifies for Head Start?
Visit the Head Start page for the Early Childhood Learning and Knowledge Center here.
I am a Head Start Director. How do I allow staff members at my agency to view members-only content on the website?
The Head Start CA website contains members-only content that is only visible after you login to an active account. If staff members at your organization want to view member content, follow these steps to create an account for them.