Mission & Vision
We envision a future where Head Start is recognized as the gold standard in child development and the provider of choice for California’s most vulnerable children and families.
We empower Head Start programs to reach their full potential through advocacy, professional development, networking, and collaboration.
Inclusion “Everyone is welcome”
We value diversity and engage people of all backgrounds and abilities as we strive for a more equitable society.
Ethical Behavior “Do the right thing”
We create and sustain relationships built on trust, moral courage, respect, and accountability.
Innovation “Creativity Reigns”
We embrace the change around us and inspire one another to innovate our way forward.
Teamwork “Better Together”
We value the spirit in individual thinking and believe in the power of collaboration to accelerate our success.
In 2022, Head Start California created and approved a new strategic plan.
- Head Start is funded to support a justly compensated workforce.
- Head Start has wider recognition in California among families with young children and the emerging workforce.
- All Head Start staff have access to training they need to succeed.
- Head Start California generates income from a balance of revenue sources.
- Head Start California attracts and retains a professional staff and board leadership that will advance our mission and secure our future.
View the Strategic Plan Summary here.